I am going to try making this without egg by replacing it with yogurt and lemon juice
Fluffy Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Set ricotta in a fine mesh strainer about 30 minutes before you start cooking, to drain off excess liquid. We used fresh ricotta from Whole Foods that was pretty dry. If you are using a commercial brand that’s runny, you may want to drain it longer (or make your own).
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine ricotta, milk, egg yolks, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Beat the egg whites in an electric mixer until stiff.
- Add the dry ingredients to the ricotta and milk mixture, stirring gently until just combined.
- Whisk in a small amount of the egg whites to lighten the batter, then fold in the remaining whites.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat, and brush the surface with butter. Use a ladle or measuring scoop (we used a 1/3 cup measure) to pour batter onto the griddle.
- Cook pancakes for about 3 or 4 minutes, then flip, cooking until both sides are golden brown.
- Spread lemon curd between pancakes and dust with powdered sugar. Or serve with syrup or fruit.